Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Middle Fork Rafting July 27- Aug 2

This was my first opportunity to raft the Middle Fork of the salmon river.
I went with a group of friends from Boise- many whom I have rafted with before
and a number of new people.
There were 18 in our group 9 boats.
We put in at Boundary Creek and floated around 96 miles in 7 days.

The put in ramp

Beautiful scenery

The morning that we launched.


The put in and launch area.

Lightning started a fire the night before.

One of our breaks.

With my boat mate- Jud.

Helping with dishes after one of our delicious meals.

Dominoes was one form of entertainment.
We also had a ladder golf tournament one afternoon.

At least I have a water in my hand along with my beer :)

Fishing


Most of the time, I was just the passenger.

I was resting. Most of the day, I oared for Mike while he fished.

I was showing my muscles.


Pictographs

5 sheep- the baby is by her mommy.

A stream.

Sunflower Hot springs


Veil Falls

Waving- again!

Otters

Tad poles in a warm pool by Hospital Bar hot springs.
I also saw a rattle snake slithering up the hot springs- ugh!

Deer

Oaring for Mike. I oared 12 miles this day.

Thinking about fishing. This was the first time I REALLY used my fly rod.
I actually did catch some fish :)


Me and Gus on the last day :(

































No comments:

Post a Comment